BEFORE WE OPEN AND COURSE CONDITION
As I am sure you understand, we have continued to carry out essential maintenance in line with the Government guidelines. This included but was not limited to, cutting greens a maximum of 3 times per week, fairways once per week and rough sporadically. Without a full team in place, it has been impossible to continue to maintain some key features including bunkers and to continue spraying as before so we do not expect the course to be in the same condition it was prior to the lockdown.
We have worked tirelessly to ensure that the playing conditions will be in good condition when we do return, and we will be open just as soon as possible, this is very much dependent on how much notice we obtain from the Government in relation to the re-opening of courses.
We will be sharing a good number of photos on social media and via email in the immediate run up to the re-opening to highlight the course, its condition and the work carried out.
We are awaiting clarification surrounding the use of buggies, the Pro Shop and Driving Range Facilities.
SPECIFIC COVID-19 ALTERATIONS
- All bunker rakes shall be removed.
- Ball washers shall be covered up and are out of use.
- Benches and bins are where possible being removed and are otherwise out-of-use until further notice.
- Stakes defining the extremities of the course can be treated as immovable obstructions.
- Flagsticks are to be retained however they are always to be left in the hole.
- A method of inserting the hole liner will be used meaning all the ball does not fall below the surface of the putting green and can be easily retrieved by handling the ball only.
- The on-course toilet will be closed until sanitation can be assured.
- The shoe cleaners, air gun and putting green pins have been removed from use.
- Hire trollies will be unavailable for the foreseeable future.
- There will be no toilet facilities available.
MEMBERSHIP AND RENEWAL
Membership, both those who have renewed and those who have not, is been one of the most challenging aspects of managing the coronavirus outbreak.
THE RENEWAL DEADLINE DATE SHALL BE JUNE 1ST!
WE ARE OFFERING ALL MEMBERS' NEW AND OLD, A REDUCED MEMBERSHIP FEE FOR 2020 WITH THE YEAR RUNNING UNTIL APRIL 2021
The clubhouse will continue to be closed for an expected extended period following the relaxation of the lockdown and as such, there will be limited on-site facilities available. Tee times will be available at 10-minute intervals as before, however in the immediate future, they will solely be available in ONE OR TWO balls and subject to any further restrictions imposed by the Government. Members’ will initially be available to book two weeks’ in advance and over time, this will be further extended to the original 28-day advance. The course will be MEMBER ONLY for the first 5 days – until Sunday – and then we will begin to accept pay and play guests although they will only be able to book 3 days prior to ensure members’ have sufficient time to get their golf in!
Please ensure all guests and members are registered on BRS to ensure efficiency in the processing of information.
THE START OF PLAY AND ON THE DAY
Initially, there will be several changes to the procedure both on and off the course.
- When arriving to play, please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before the tee time and ensure you leave two metres, or one bay, between car parking positions, utilising the overflow car park where necessary.
- Please do not head to the practice putting green more than 10 minutes before your round, waiting by the course information board until the group ahead have cleared the 1ST tee.
- When tee-ing off, searching for the ball, and putting, please ensure you always remain two metres away from your playing partner.
- Please refrain from picking up stray golf balls when looking for yours.
- When putting, please leave the flagstick in the ground and offer/accept ‘gimmies’ from within 12-inches.
Social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round, so when the round is over all golfers must leave the course and the club/facility immediately so that there are no gatherings around the clubhouse area.
MEMBERSHIP PRICES 2020
FULL MEN’S MEMBERSHIP
FULL LADIES’ MEMBERSHIP
FULL COUPLES’ MEMBERSHIP
MEN’S CLUB MEMBERSHIP
LADIES’ CLUB MEMBERSHIP
UNDER 30’s MEMBERSHIP
UNDER 27’s MEMBERSHIP
UNDER 23’s MEMBERSHIP
UNDER 21’s MEMBERSHIP
FULL TIME STUDENT
UNDER 18’s MEMBERSHIP
CHILD OF MEMBER
PAYING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Many of you have already endeavoured to find the most practical way to pay or renew your subscription and for this we are most grateful.
There are two ways by which to pay your membership with us. Myself, Nic, or another member of staff will be on hand to assist with the processing of membership and collection of the fee at the clubhouse. This payment can be made by card, or the BACS details are available on request.
Please ensure you note that it is a membership payment in the reference
If you wish to pay by BACS, please return your form to us still. This will ensure you receive your bag tag and further information as early as possible.
For those paying on the day, these will become available shortly after we re-open.
SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES!
ALL INFORMATION IS CORRECT AS OF 2200 ON 11/05/2020